AS Valdek was founded by Mihkel Valdek in the early years of Estonia’s regained independence.
As many companies back then, we also started in a garage. However, AS Valdek has preserved the status of a family business even after becoming a large corporation.
In 2019 eight family members work for AS Valdek. We believe that people are the biggest asset in our company. Their know-how has an important role in achieving the vision of the company.
We are constantly developing the family-friendliness of our company.
Our company complies with the quality management system ISO 9001:2015 and environmental management system ISO 14001:2015.
AS Valdek follows these management principles:
- high quality of products;
- implementation of new technologies;
- high motivation of employees;
- clear and easy-to-understand rules;
- safe and healthy working environment;
- continuing development and learning by employees;
- environment-friendly production;
- compliance with legislation (standards and legislative acts).
In environmental management we take into account:
- sustainable use of raw materials and recycling;
- technical condition of appliances;
- waste management;
- controlled use of chemicals;
- energy use;
- noise pollution;
- sustainable use of natural resources.
Family friendly employer
We participate in the Family-Friendly Employer Programme where we are applying for the Silver Level.
In a silver-level organisation the management knows how to make the organisation’s culture more family-friendly.
This is done by giving the employees more autonomy and by replacing job descriptions with role descriptions.
Such a company is also characterised by inclusive management, reduced bureaucracy, lack of micro-management, etc.